52 Ancestors/52 Weeks #25 ~ Sarah Shumake Denton

  • Born: about 1803 in Perry County Tennessee 
  • Parents: Robert Carol & Dicey mnu Shumake  Both of her parents passed before 1840 
  • Siblings: Nancy, Jerusha Ruth, James, Matilda, Tempy, C. Edmund, Andrew, Jesse William, Dolana, Josiah and Lucretia 
  • Residences: (White Co.)  Perry County Tennessee, Marshall County Mississippi, Drew County Arkansas 
  • Married: Shipman Denton between 1820-1825 in (White Co.) Perry County Tennessee
  • Children: Annanias, Elmyra, Kemp, Mary Martha, Ozias, Dicey Jane, Matilda, Marian  and Samuel J. 
  • Death: Her husband died early 1870 in Drew County, and Sarah died about 1878-1879, also in Drew County. 

Neither of their graves have been found. 

Sarah was my 3 greats grandmother

The 52 Ancestors/52 Weeks challenge is from Amy Johnson Crow.
If you would like to read more about it, please visit her at No Story Too Small

6 comments:

  1. I love all the unusual names of some of her siblings and children. Tempy, Dolana, Dicey Jane, Jerusha, Ozias... wonderful names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the old-fashioned names also. The unique ones are so much easier to trace!

      Delete
  2. I totally LOVE this website. I am all about family history. This is such a neat way to do it. I have put 150 histories onto a blog. It's so much fun to do and to realize who all of those people were - and are. I'm keeping this site so I can read it from time to time. I also love the Michael Crichton quote. I have that here waiting for the book I want to put those histories into. If I ever do it. I don't like the blog books so without that, I don't know how to do it except the old fashioned way. Thanks for coming over to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you luck with your book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Have you tried Billion Graves? I don't know if it is used a much as Find A Grave but it might help you find those graves.

    ReplyDelete