- Born: February 6, 1932 in Bixby, Oklahoma
- Died: December 2, 1950 in Korea
- Burial: None
- Parents:Lawrence Monroe & Willie Wroten Albey
- Sibling: Vivian Albey
- Resided: Tulsa County Oklahoma
- Military: Private First Class Albey was a member of Battery D, 15th Anti-Aircraft Artillery (Automatic Weapons) Battalion, 7th Infantry Division. He was Killed in Action while fighting the enemy along the eastern shore of the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea on December 2, 1950. His remains were not recovered. His name is inscribed on the Courts of the Missing at the Honolulu Memorial. Private First Class Albey was awarded the Purple Heart, the Korean Service Medal, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation and the Republic of Korea War Service Medal.
James was my 1st cousin, 1x removed
The 52 Ancestors/52 Weeks challenge is from Amy Johnson Crow.
If you would like to read more about it, please visit her at No Story Too Small