My 3 greats grand uncle
- born May 9, 1826 in Blount County Tennessee to John and Sarah Richards Sutton
- siblings: Chrisanbury, Maston, Isabella, George, Asel, James, William, John and Thomas
- spent childhood in Tennessee
- Mexican War: Enlisted in Tennessee's 5th Infantry on April 30, 1848
- moved to Arkansas 1849
- married Anna Mouser in Washington, Hempstead County Arkansas on Sept 18, 1850
- Asbury and Anna had 7 children: Martha, Nancy, Phoebe, William, John, Sarah Elizabeth and Amanda Jane, all born in Arkansas
- Civil War: Enlisted with Co. D, Arkansas Dawson's-Hardy's Co on April 10, 1863 in Washington, Arkansas - His brothers Asel, George, Maston, and William also joined same company.
- Occupation: farmer
- His wife Anna passed on April 21, 1890
- Asbury died six years later on June 13, 1896.
- Place of burial for both: Unknown
The 52 Ancestors/52 Weeks challenge is from Amy Johnson Crow.
If you would like to read more about it, please visit her at No Story Too Small