Surname Saturday ~ Crabtree


William & Fannie's Marriage Record

William M Crabtree was born  April of 1855 in Tennessee.  The earliest documentation I have for him is his three marriages that all took place in Madison County Alabama.
First to Fannie Raven on May 28, 1883.(image above)   Second to Paralee Keel on February 27, 1889, and third to Lucinda Hancock (my uncle's mother) on March 23, 1898.
The next time I find him in any records is also in Madison County on the 1900 census. He is listed with Lucinda, born April 1876, his daughter Florence, born February 1900; his mother Ellen, born January 1833, and his brother's son John, born August 1891.
Between 1900 and 1903 he and family removed to Siloam Springs, Benton County Arkansas, where the following children were born: William, Claud, Harry, and Walter Lucian.  Between 1910 and 1920 two more boys were born (Charles Edward and Harvey) and the family moved to Little River County Arkansas.

Harvey was my great uncle and I am trying to help my cousin trace the Crabtree side of his family.  I found a marriage for an Ellen Crabtree to John Murr in Madison County, AL on July 8, 1865, but haven't found any evidence that she is the same Ellen listed on the 1900 census as William's mother.  If anyone is researching this particular Crabtree line, I would appreciate any input.



No comments:

Post a Comment